Saturday, May 17, 2014

Young Lovers

Among the summer woodlands wide
Anew she roams, no more alone                                                                               (Alfred Austin, Agatha)
And the white mist curling and hesitating
Like a bashful lover about your knees                                                      (Richard Aldington, The Poplar)
She walks in beauty, like the night 
A heart whose love is innocent                                                             (Lord Byron, She Walks In Beauty)

Chequer'd with woven shadows as I lay
Among the grass, blinking the watery gleam                     (William Allingham, A Day-Dream's Reflection)
I try to think of some one lovely gift
No lover yet in all the world has found                                                           (Richard Aldington, Prelude)
A sunset's mounded cloud
A diamond evening-star                                                                              (William Allingham, An Evening)

I saw the sweetest flower wild nature yields                      (John Keats, To a Friend Who Sent Me Some Roses)
It was a little budding rose
But sweet was the slight and spicy smell                                         (Emily Bronte, A Little Budding Rose)
Plucked I for my love's delight.                                                                       (Rudyard Kipling, Blue Roses)
 
‘Mid song of birds, and insects murmuring;                       (Wordsworth, The Stars Are Mansions Built By Nature's Hand)
Of coloured season and the whirling sphere                                                 (William Allingham, A Singer)
I told my love, I told my love
I told her all my heart                                                                                        (William Blake, Love’s Secret)

Arise from out the dewy grass                                              (William Blake, Songs Of Experience: Introduction)
So much grace, and so approve her,
That for everything I love her.                                                                                   (William Browne, Song)
All thoughts, all passions, all delights
Whatever stirs this mortal frame
All are but ministers of Love                                                                                    (Samuel Coleridge, Love)

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise
I love thee with the passion put to use                                                             (E. B. Browning, Sonnet 43)
Yet, love, mere love, is beautiful indeed                                                            (E. B. Browning, Sonnet 10)


In secret we met—                                                                                  (Lord Byron, When We Two Parted)
Beneath such dreamy weather                                               (Lewis Carroll, All In The Golden Afternoon)
The long grass now
Waves dreamily in the evening wind                                                          (Emily Bronte, The Sun Has Set)
A flower was offered to me
Such a flower as May never bore                                                        (William Blake, My Pretty Rose Tree)

In movement, in dancing                                                         (Raymond A Foss, In Movement, in Dancing)
flowing, spinning
twirling, to the dance of love                                                                               (Raymond A Foss, Dancing)
surrendering to his leading                                                                      (Raymond A Foss, Dancing Today)
To be fond of dancing was a certain
step towards falling in love                                                    (Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice, chapter 3)
 
A shudder comes o'er me—                                                                     (Lord Byron, When We Two Parted)
Whereat the lips, moved with delight and pleasure
Through a sweet smile unlock'd their pearly treasure                                 (Thomas Carew, Lips and Eyes)
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth                                                                  (Song of Songs 1:1)
First time he kissed me, he but only kissed                                                         (E. B. Browning Sonnet 38)

Why, when I gaze on Phaon's beauteous eyes,
Why does each thought in wild disorder stray?                     (Mary Darby Robinson, Why, When I Gaze)

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise
I love thee with the passion put to use                                                              (E. B. Browning, Sonnet 43)
Yet, love, mere love, is beautiful indeed                                                             (E. B. Browning, Sonnet 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment