Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Prayer

                                             Father, forgive
                                             them,” are the
                                            words You cried,
                                             while nailed to
                                            the cross which
                                            should have been
                                            mine. At Calvary,
                                             You conquered
                                          death and covered
all of my sin, so that I may enter heaven and spend eternity with You.
“Why do you love me?” I ask, most every time I pray. I am not worthy
of Your love, but freely You give it anyway. I mess up time and again,
yet you forgive it all. I’ll never fully understand, at least not while I am
still here upon this earth, and even then, after ten thousand years, I’m
                                          not sure I will. Yet
                                        continually I’ll praise
                                        You, and thank You
                                          for each new day.
                                          For all of  the joys
                                          in my life, and for
                                          the suffering too.
                                          Every trail in this
                                        life you have given
                                          to me is a way to
                                        praise who You are.
                                        It’s a way to rely on
                                        You day by day, to
                                        think of others first.
                                        And every blessing
                                         You pour out is a
                                         gift to share with
                                        all of your children.

As the title says, this is actually a written prayer, and just reading it has helped me. God has blessed your day in so many ways, even the ones we don't see as blessings may be gifts in disguise from Him. Please take the time to pray to Him, to remember that He is the One in control and that He loves you no matter what.

 Written in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment